Operail will conduct general training for locomotive drivers in November
On 10 November, the training centre of AS Operail will launch another general training course for locomotive drivers. The training will be provided under activity licence No. 1.1-3/16/52 issued on 21 March 2016 by the Ministry of Education and Research.
The training centre of Operail awaits to the general training assistant drivers who have been employed at the position for at least four months. The training will begin on 10 November, lasts for a total of 160 hours, and ends on 9 December with exams. Training sessions will take place on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. The language of instruction is Russian. The training is provided by professionals and experts from Operail and other companies and training institutions.
In order to apply for the training, please send a free-form application (which must include your first and last name, age, place of residence, contact phone number, and e-mail address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for training can be submitted until 22 October. Candidates will be invited to an interview, where they must present:
- an identity document (ID-card)
- documents certifying education (secondary education at minimum)
- a certificate of professional qualification (assistant driver)
- proof of at least four months’ employment as an assistant driver
Successful applicants must also present:
- a certificate of medical examination
- a copy of the proof of payment for the training
The training fee is 1,500 euros per participant, plus VAT.
Pursuant to the Railways Act, a locomotive driver’s licence is issued to a person who:
- is at least 20 years of age;
- has acquired basic education and has completed level 3 vocational training specified in Council Decision 85/368/EEC on the comparability of vocational training qualifications between the Member States of the European Community (OJ L 199, 31.7.1985, p. 56–59) or general training for locomotive drivers on the basis of secondary education;
- has presented a certificate on having passed a medical examination;
- has passed an examination for locomotive drivers.
Instructor and locomotive driver
+372 501 6726